Immediate Loading in the Esthetic Zone: From Single Tooth to Full Arch; Clinical Pearls and Practice Management Techniques for Immediate Patient Satisfaction
- Demonstrate systematic diagnosis and treatment planning with proper sequence of therapy in complex esthetic zone reconstructions from single tooth to full arch with emphasis on esthetic risk assessment with the goal of improved patient morbidity and a “seamless” patient experience.
- Discuss clinical procedures that are pro-active for determining esthetic-restorative outcomes in areas of available and deficient bone requiring Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR).
- Understand the principles of the “10 Keys to Esthetic Zone Success for Single Immediate Implants in the Adult” (Compendium Cont Ed Dent 2017: RA Levine, J Ganeles, L Gonzaga, H Randel, JYK Kan, ST Chen, C Evans). Note: There are seven surgical-related keys and three prosthetic-related keys which are used as a guide for each case to aid in evidence-based long-term hard and soft tissue esthetic and functional success.
- Discuss soft tissue management that includes various oral plastic surgical procedures and gummy smile correction as pre-prosthetic procedures and its importance for maintaining esthetics around implants (based on the ITI 5th Consensus Report JOMI 2014- “Soft Tissue Augmentation Procedures for Mucogingival Defects in Esthetic Sites”; RA Levine, G Huynh-Ba, D Cochran).
- Evaluate choices for different materials used in the fabrication of final restorations from single tooth to full arch.
This clinically relevant, evidence-based course will address the close interaction of the implant surgeon with the restorative dentist and the dental laboratory in achieving optimal esthetic outcomes and reduced patient morbidity. Dr. Levine will emphasize the “Team Approach” to the most challenging implant and dental reconstruction procedures involving careful diagnosis and management of soft and hard tissues and their appropriate sequence in therapy when insufficiencies exist. Treating patients comprehensively in complex prosthetic and esthetic reconstructions from immediate single tooth provisionalization to full arch immediate loading will be discussed showing the importance of photographing your cases which aids in not only team communication, but also case acceptance. In addition, full arch cases will be discussed with guidelines for their usage when less implants are appropriate. Dr. Levine will share his knowledge of over 30 years of full time clinical practice and his experience of performing full arch Straumann Immediate Load cases since 1994. Practice management techniques will also be addressed for improving case acceptance and how the “Team Approach” can make this process seamless, successful and personally rewarding.
Dr. Robert A. Levine, DDS, FCCPP, FISPPS
Click a date below to register
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
7:15 AM – 8:00 AM
12 – 1 PM
Dental Team (Surgical and Restorative Clinician, Lab Technician)